Please click here to view flyer.
Surry Community College, a learning-centered institution devoted to building critical thinking skills, is seeking applicants for the position of
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Viticulture or related field.
Preferred Requirements: Master’s Degree in Viticulture or related field; teaching experience at the college or high school level.
Duties: Facilitate student learning in curriculum courses as well as other usual faculty duties. The course load may include both day and evening classes on multiple campuses as well as Information Highway, hybrid, and online classes.
- Teaching courses related to grape growing; vineyard establishment and development; grape and wine science; grape pests, disease and disorders; and basic vineyard operations.
- Advising students in the area of viticulture and enology.
- Recruiting, marketing and conference planning.
- Primary responsibility for Surry Community College’s five acre teaching vineyard.
- Working with the enology instructor for grape processing at Surry Community College’s state-of-the-art bonded winery.
For specific information about this position, contact Ashley Myers Bond, Science Division Chair, at email@example.com or 336-386-3510.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is selected. Salary will be commensurate with degree and experience.
Interested candidates must submit a completed SCC employment application and supporting materials, including a letter of application, résumé, and copies of all post-secondary transcripts (the applicant chosen for employment will be required to furnish official transcripts). Applications can be printed from www.surry.edu or picked up in the Business Office. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Submit all application materials to:
Office of Human Resources
Surry Community College
630 S. Main Street
Dobson, North Carolina 27017
Surry Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer